About PTA and Membership
About our PTA:
Laurelwood PTA is a partnership comprised of parents, teachers, and members of our community. The goals of our PTA are to help support Laurelwood Elementary and ensure that our children are receiving an outstanding, safe, caring, and nurturing education. We work side by side with Laurelwood to ensure that every student receives an exceptional educational experience.
PTA supports the children, school, and community in many ways. We offer many educational and community building programming and events. PTA often sponsors and facilitates activities at the school such as Movie Nights, Book Fair, Harvest Festival, Bingo Night, Arts Program, and much more.
PTA works side by side with Laurelwood to develop goals and identify areas that needs support. Through fundraisers and volunteering, PTA is able to help continue the success of the school. PTA continues to make annual donations that go towards improving the school’s technology, sports equipment, school supplies, and individual classroom projects.
In order to continue the success of PTA, we need your help. Your voice, PTA membership, fundraiser support, volunteer time, or any donation to the PTA will make a huge impact on every Laurelwood student’s educational experience.
For questions or suggestions, email PTA at: email@example.com
The 2017-2018 PTA Board is also proud to announce that we have elected a new board for the upcoming year. Please give a warm welcome to this coming year's 2018-2019 PTA Board Members:
Teacher Liaison - Suzanne Maxwell and Tam Huynh
Open PTA Support Positions for 2018-2019:
Marketing and Fundraising:
Movie Night Coordinator:
Multiple spots available! for ticket sales, games, photographer, videographer, concession sales, photo booth, Haunted House assistant
School Clean up Day:
Community Events Coordinator (Book Fair, Santa Shoppe):
Multiple spots available!
What is PTA? Why join PTA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You an share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Check Out Some PTA Membership Perks
As a member of California State PTA, you advocate for children, promote parent and family involvement in schools, and improve the lives of all children and families. Here are a few extra perks of membership available exclusively to PTA members like you!
For more detail, please visit the California State PTA's Member Perks page.
Laurelwood PTA welcomes you to the 2018-2019 school year!
Your volunteer time, fundraiser support, PTA membership and donation to the PTA make a huge impact on your child’s Laurelwood educational experience. Studies indicate that parents’ involvement in their child’s education greatly affects a student’s academic performance. There is no better way to support your child than to join the PTA! Click here to download Membership Form.
There are several ways to support the PTA:
Become a PTA member
Our goal is 100% parent and teacher participation.
Support our year–round PTA activities
Volunteer a few hours of your time for the following events. These are just some of the events you can look forward to in the upcoming year.
Family Art Night
Staff Appreciation Lunch
Color Me Mine Fundraiser
Family Science Night
Attend PTA Meetings
Monthly PTA meetings are held on campus on the second Tuesday of every month. We encourage you to come join us and share your ideas, or just be there to stay connected!
Return the PTA Membership Drive Form
Even if you cannot join (pay the membership fee) at this time, you can still support the PTA by submitting the PTA Membership Drive form, with just your contact information, to your child’s teacher. Your child(ren) can still earn credit for their classroom by turning in the form even if you are unable to join the PTA.
Click on the form below.
Thank you for supporting your children
and their education at Laurelwood!
You make a difference
in your children’s educational experience.
For questions and suggestions, email PTA at: