Silver Oak Newsroom
PTO is in need urgent need of at least one parent volunteer (ideally a team of 2) to lead the planning and execution of the Fall Book Fair. We have experienced helpers that are willing to support a new lead or lead team... but we need to find this lead now.
Our Fall Book Fair takes place in November, and all proceeds benefit our school library. This year, the book fair is scheduled to be open from 11/14-11/21.
Being a lead involves the following:
- Managing logistics and planning with Scholastic Books
- Manage and work with your book fair team to...
- Plan and handle book fair set up, decorations, and marketing
- Obtain, train, and manage volunteers to cover setup, store staffing, and break down
- Reorder books and items as needed
- Responsibility for tallying daily sales, and securely managing cash, check & charge slips.
Please contact our PTO Language Arts & Reading Director, Jen Hagerman, as soon as possible if you would like more information, or would like to volunteer to fill this needed role. Parents are what make our programs possible... we need you!