Traffic Safety Guidelines
Evergreen School Traffic Pattern and Directions
Evergreen School is a walking school which means the majority of the Evergreen student population lives within walking distance of the school.Students and their families are STRONGLY encouraged to walk to school.If it is necessary for a family to drive their child to school, please follow these safety guidelines:
- In the morning, students are to be dropped off between 8:15 a.m. and 8:25 a.m.There is no adult supervision before 8:15 a.m.
- Students need to be ready to exit the car when arriving at school. Be sure your child has their backpack with them.In the afternoon, please do not get out of your car to put your child’s backpack in the trunk.
- The driver of the car must pull up in line as far as possible to drop their child off.
- Students being dropped off or picked up should exit or enter the vehicle from the curb.
- There is absolutely no parking in the drop off lane. This rule also applies to adults who are dropping off for kindergarten. If you would like to walk your child to their classroom (kindergarten only) or to the gate (grades one to six), please park in the neighborhood and walk into the school. The front parking lot is a “Staff Only” parking lot. The visitor parking lot is for volunteers and other visitors to the campus after drop off / pick up times.The bus loop is NOT a drop off or pick-up spot.
- Students should not be dropped off on the sidewalk surrounding the school.
- When leaving the drop off / pick-up lane, you must make a right turn out of the driveway.
- If you are picking up an AM or PM kindergarten student and would like to use the drop off or pick-up lane, you MUST STAY IN YOUR CAR.The teacher will be happy to deliver your child to your car once the walkers have been dismissed.
- When walking to school, you are STRONGLY encouraged to use the crosswalks.
- During rainy days, the students are to report to the Eagles’ Nest in the morning.
- Students need to stand on the sidewalk in front of the school when waiting for their ride after school.Playing or running on the front grass or on the stairs near the old multi-purpose building is not permitted.Walking on the cement strip or through the plants is not allowed.