Science Olympiad 2017-18
Details coming soon...
Objective of club ........
Lead Coordinator @ email@example.com
|#||Member First Name||Last Name Initial||Role|
Club Meetings & Minutes:
|10/1||Link to Agenda/Minutes||3:00pm||List Actions
Owner Name- Action - Due date
Dear Students and Parents,
We are working towards forming teams for competing in the 2018 Science Olympiad competition. The Santa Clara county regional competition will be held all day on Saturday, March 17, 2018, at San Jose City College. The top 5 winning schools from this event move to competing in the State level. The event consists of competition in 23 different areas including topics in Physical Science, Earth & Space Science, Life Science, Inquiry, Technology and Engineering. It is an exciting opportunity for students to learn something new outside of their curriculum and have fun doing so as a team. It is also an opportunity for the parents to mentor, guide the students and, help with this completely volunteer run event.
- Introductory session on Tuesday, September 12th, at 6.30 pm at the Chaboya Middle School's library.
You have some more questions... We will discuss more details in an Introductory Session on Tuesday, September 12th at 6.30 pm at the Chaboya Middle School's library. We will form the teams shortly thereafter.
If you have any additional questions, please send an email to the Lead Coordinator @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Chaboya Middle School After School Clubs Requirements
Approved by the Board: April 11, 2017
Effective for the 2017-2018 school year, in order for the PTSA to fund an after school clubs the
following must be met:
- Club must have a minimum of 10 members
- Club must post on Chaboya.eesd.org Under Student Life/Clubs with a minimal of the Club Web Page template below, attendance log or minutes showing who attended the meeting must be submitted with their request. Club must meet at least monthly.
- Every club must have completed a club form and approved by Leadership
- Year long clubs program must begin no later than October 1st
- The Board will allow a new club for the 2nd semester if it's approved by leadership showing a valid reason for its creation. Club must begin no later than 2/1. Minimum number of members is required.
- Stipend per club if above criteria are met is $100 per semester. Clubs that have been in existence for 3 years and have met continuously without interruption will receive $200 per semester. These long standing clubs could also request to receive the entire year stipend at the end of first semester. Submission of attendance logs or minutes for the remainder of the year is required to validate year long existence. If it is deemed that a club failed to meet the requirements for the entire year future funding will be at risk.